Story of the Edna G

Edna G

Story of the Edna G  – The Edna G was a tugboat operated on the Great Lakes for over 80 years. It was built in 1896 and was initially named the Edward H. Rozell. In 1919, the tugboat was sold to the Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company. It was renamed the Edna G. It worked as a […]

Coast Guard Cutter Sundew (retired)

USCGC Sundew (WLB-404) is a 180-foot (55 m) sea-going buoy tender (WLB). Marine Iron and Shipbuilding Corporation built an Iris, or C-class tender, in Duluth, Minnesota. The United States Lighthouse Service completed Sundew’s preliminary design, and Marine Iron and Shipbuilding Corporation produced the final design in Duluth for the U.S. Coast Guard. On November 29, […]

Irwin L Clymer Pilothouse

The IRVIN L. CLYMER was built in 1917 at the American Ship Building Company in Lorain, Ohio. She had a crew of 16. She was 552 feet long with a 60 ft. beam and a 32 ft. draft. Launched as the self-unloader CARL D. BRADLEY (1) for the Great Lakes Fleet, she made her maiden […]

Tug Bayfield

Bayfield

The Tug Bayfield is a historic vessel that can be found outside the visitor center in Canal Park. This tugboat was built in 1953 and played a vital role in the shipping industry in the Great Lakes region. The Tug Bayfield was used to transport goods from one port to another, and it was also […]